EDELWEISS DAY CUSTOM BLYTHE DOLL
Installing and uninstalling a Blythe doll's body can vary slightly depending on the specific type of Blythe doll you have. Generally, the process involves carefully removing the doll's head and then attaching or detaching the body. Here's a general guide:
- Ensure you have a clean and clutter-free workspace. This helps prevent any small parts from getting lost during the process.
- Gently lift the doll's hair or wig to access the scalp. Blythe dolls often have a scalp that is attached with screws or other fasteners. Unscrew or unfasten these to remove the scalp.
- Once the scalp is removed, you'll have access to the neck screw or mechanism. Carefully unscrew or release any fasteners holding the head in place. Be gentle to avoid damaging the doll.
- If you're replacing the body, align the neck post of the new body with the opening in the doll's head. Secure it in place using the appropriate fasteners, such as screws.
- Place the scalp back onto the doll's head and secure it with screws or fasteners. Ensure that the scalp is properly aligned.
- Some Blythe dolls have an eye mechanism that may need adjustment after changing the body. Follow the manufacturer's instructions for adjusting the eye mechanism to ensure proper functioning.
Prepare Your Workspace:
- As with installation, start with a clean and clutter-free workspace.
Remove the Doll's Scalp:
- Follow the same process as during installation to remove the scalp and access the neck screw or mechanism.
Remove the Doll's Head:
- Carefully unscrew or release any fasteners holding the head in place. Gently lift the head away from the body.
Detach the Body:
- If you're removing the body entirely, unscrew or release any fasteners securing it to the head. Lift the body away from the head.
Prepare for Storage or Replacement:
- If you're replacing the body or storing parts, ensure that all screws and small components are safely stored to avoid loss.
Reattach or Store the Doll Parts:
- If you're replacing the body, follow the installation steps. If you're storing parts, secure them in a safe place until needed.
Step 1: Lift your hair first. On the back of the head, you'll notice three small nails.
Step 2: Use a screwdriver to remove the top small nail, then carefully take off the scalp (refer to Figure 1).
Step 3: Start by removing the spring from the head (locate the hook of the spring for easy removal), and then proceed to remove the remaining two screws.
Step 4: Employ a smooth, hard piece to cut along the side seam of the face shell. Be cautious during this step to avoid scratching the face. Simultaneously, use your hands to separate the front and rear face shells, revealing the back of the head (as shown in Figure 2).
Don't worry about breaking anything; don't apply too much force. The faces are quite sturdy, so refrain from overestimating your strength. We might end up breaking them if we're not careful.
Step 5: Remove the original body and pull out the neck card. To make pulling easier, use a hairdryer to soften the neck card. If it's still stubborn, employ auxiliary tools, like tweezers. These are handy for opening the neck without scratching it (refer to Figure 3 and Figure 4).
Step 6: Begin by installing the gasket on the neck of the ob24 body (included with the purchase). Next, install the neck card, ensuring it fits snugly into the square frame of the head (as depicted in Figure 5).
Note: If the gasket is too thick, the front and rear face shells may not close properly after body installation. Two solutions are available:
- Switch to a thinner gasket (cut a rubber sheet at home according to the provided gasket. If cutting the small hole in the middle is tricky, use an awl to poke around first).
- Skip the gasket altogether, but exercise caution during play.
Step 7: Install the spring, put the head back in place, and you're all set.
Always refer to the specific instructions provided by the doll manufacturer, as different Blythe dolls may have unique mechanisms or features. If you're unsure, consult online tutorials or communities dedicated to Blythe doll customization for additional guidance.